Saturday, June 03, 2006

LOOKING BACK

WOW just looking back at my first entry. It's been over a year, and nothing has changed (LOL) I remember looking back wondering how I was going to survive raising 3 kids by myself and look at me now the kids are still alive and kicking. (ha ha).

APE



My first entry
Hello,


This is my first entry. I'm a militray Spouse with three children, 4 years 2 years and 1 year old. My husband left for his first deployment to A-stan around the end of Feb 2005. We've been very lucky the Army waited this long to send him. Right now we are doing well. He traveled a lot as it was for the military, but not for long periods of times. We talk to him once a week if we are lucky. My two oldest are going through the toughest time right now. They miss their daddy alot. This is my daughters first year at playing soccer and my husband will not be here to watch her play which really upsets her. It's amazing at what little things make her miss him. She is so use to being able to call him when she needed to talk with him. I think that is what the hardest part is for her. My son the middle child is the only boy. Which is very hard on him. He wakes up every morning crying for his daddy. This last until I can get his attention on something else. When he does get to talk with him he's very quite and short with him. My youngest is only one so she really doesn't comprehend the whole situation she calls me daddy go figure. I'm doing pretty well right now at first I was mad that he had to go. I understand why and I also know that there are many of others out there who has gone through this more than once, but like one friens told me who is going through this whole ordeal a second time. It's still you who are going through it. I served in the Army for 4 years myself so thank goodness I know the ends and outs. I send my prayers out to wives who are new to the whole military system. It can be tricky. I guess the hardest part for me right now is we chose to live about 70 miles away from base to provide a house for our kids. There is not alot of military here so nobody understands what we go though. I have a few very supportive friends out here however there are those who tell me I don't know how you can do it if my husbands leaves for a week I can't survive. I tell them you learn and drive on you don't think about it you just do it. Well that's all for my first entry. I will try and leave post everyday or so when I have time. My 28th Birthday in April 5th. Happy Birthday to all the April babies out there.

April

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I love looking back at my posts & thinking wow I made it through that! It makes you realize maybe you'll make it through the rest!

Charla said...

Hey, sorry it's been so long since I've commented, it's been a crazy month! I'm with Courtney, it's great looking back and seeing what you've accomplished. You're doing an amazing job with your kids, don't doubt that at all! They're healthy and happy and that's all that really matters! :)
Charla